in Duncanville, Texas
Good oral health creates the best smile! At Smile By Smile Dental, we perform a comprehensive examination at your initial visit to our office. Our goal is to determine your immediate dental needs as well as plan for your future dental care.
What Can I Expect During A Smile By Smile Dental Exam?
At your comprehensive exam, Dr. Taiwo will:
- A full mouth series of x-rays will be taken by Dr’s assistant
- Discuss your dental and overall health since your last dental exam
- Dr will review your radiographs, checking for decay, cracks, and chips
- Evaluate your bite and jaw
- Examine and chart existing restorations
- Screen for gum disease and periodontal disease
- Conduct TMJ examination
- Screen for oral cancer
- Discuss with you any cosmetic concerns you may have as well
All the above information will be gathered and a personalized treatment plan will be developed and discussed with you. We want to partner with you in your oral health and help you maintain a healthy smile for a lifetime!
Oral Cancer Screenings
Oral cancer is said to be one the deadliest because it often goes undetected until it is in the latter stages. That is another reason why regular dental examinations are so critical. If caught and treated early, oral cancer has a very low morbidity rate. With roughly 30,000 new cases being diagnosed each year, your dentist is your first line of detection and defense against this disease.
Oral cancer can affect the lips, cheek lining, gums, tongue, floor, and roof of the mouth, and also move back toward the throat.
Always report to Smile By Smile Dental if you discover any of these possible signs:
- Sores that bleed easily or do not heal
- Lumps or spots that are thick or hard
- Persistently rough or crusted areas
- Numbness, pain or tenderness that may be new or persisting
During your regular dental exam, Smile By Smile Dental will ask if you notice problems chewing, swallowing, speaking, or moving any part of your mouth or tongue. Smile By Smile Dental routinely screens for oral cancer as part of every comprehensive dental exam or cleaning.
Comprehensive Exams in Duncanville, TX
Contact Smile by Smile Dental in Duncanville, TX, to schedule your comprehensive exam today. Our team is committed to providing quality preventive services to keep dental disease at bay. We are all about long-term healthy smiles.